In service since 1936
The Redshank was Built by Built by W.J. Yarwoods & Sons in Norwich Cheshire. She was built in a batch of 15 motors.
The Redshank was originally called Reading because she is a Town Class Narrow Boat. Reading began her working life with the Grand Union Canal Carrying Company. She carried cargos of Coal, Timber and Roses Limes Juice